Increase access to and utilization of parks, open spaces and public buildings
- Ensure all residents have access to parks and open spaces within a half-mile of every home
- Ensure all residents have access to recreation facilities within a mile of every home
- Increase the number of parks and public spaces that are equipped with functional seating at frequent intervals, drinking fountains, shaded resting areas, walkways suitable for wheelchairs/walkers and accessible public restrooms
- Convert pre-existing parking spaces into parking spaces reserved for persons with disabled parking permits in compliance with ADA
- Provide multigenerational programs such as yoga, Tai Chi, art in the park, etc. in neighborhood parks
What do you think? Feel free to share your comments and suggestions.